Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tuesday, February 7 2012

It's in the middle of my second week of classes and it is finally settling in that I live here now. I am so happy to say.... I LOVE it!! My roommates and I are always trying to do the most we can every day because we already know how much we're going to miss this when we leave. Basically, lately I have been doing a lot of trip planning, (Venice Carnival this weekend in Venice, Amsterdam in a week and a half, an amazing spring break trip planned to 5 countries, and more to come!!!) and a LOT of shopping. Oops. What can I say, it's the sale season in Florence right now that they have every year at this time before all of the tourists come in late march. Everything is so cheap, and we have serioussslllly been in every single shoe store we pass. Not a joke. Today I even bought this amazing leather purse in a store from a guy named Massimo and I had to tap into my money for food for the week. Speaking of food...not only have we been buying scarves, clothes, whatever, we go to the grocery store like crazy. When you shop, you buy fresh food so its necessary to do small grocery shop runs often. Like, every two days often.

Other than that, it's been REALLY cold and windy around here and it is very out of the ordinary. I think I have said this in a previous post but it has been the coldest it has ever been in Florence in 20 years! Regardless, I've been doing a lot of exploring around the city. It has been so much fun!!! What a life this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment