Florence is so beautiful! I cant even believe that we are going to be here for four more months! The first few days were pretty rough dealing with jet lag and what not but it has been four days and I am finally getting used to the time change. I swear I have never taken more naps in my entire life, and it doesn't help that we have had orientation for school early in the mornings every day so far.
The first few days we ate out a lot (and it was deliicciousss), because we had no food in the apartment but yesterday we finally went to the market to stock up. It was a lot of fun and the people who sold us our fresh fruit, veggies and bread were so nice, they would help us with our italian when we were trying to pronounce certain things to order them. I was realizing how much I take for granted the variety of foods we have in the usa. In Italy, there is TONS of pasta, bread, cookies, wine, veggies and what not and it has been hard to find other things we wanted such as different kinds of meat, cereal, etc. Gelato, however, is SO GOOD! I refused to try it in the states to wait and have "real gelato" in Italy, and it has done its justice.
This city has been reminding me a lot of Cusco, Peru. The tiny shops and corner stores, the narrows streets and small sidewalks. What I really love about this city is how everyone walks everywhere. There are so few cars on the streets that when you walk from one place to another, you walk in the middle of the street. There are vespas everywhere, and when you do see a car driving by they are reckless drivers. WE have been going out at night to bars are clubs which has been tons of fun! The club we went to last night was called Twice, and apparently was one that Jersey Shore went to all the time... It was fun. And huge. And CRAZY.
Overall, the first few days in Florence have been interesting, exciting, and tiring. School starts on monday so it will be back to the grind and we will hopefully be used to the city and new life in no time.
No comments:
Post a Comment